Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Framing My Heart

   I have been at my part-time-office-desk job for coming about a year now AND I have yet to decorate/personalize it. I'm not sure why it has taken me so long but I've just began to. Starting with...
   Awww isn't it cute?! It is a picture frame made out of acrylic (which feels quite durable). It's 4 x 4" is actually two pieces joined together magnetically (those two round things at the top and bottom of the heart) and all you do is pull them apart for easy picture insertion/removal. It's 3/4" thick (both pieces combined). They are at IKEA called FINLIR and are sold for $4.99 each (according to their website). Prices are subject to change from store to store though, which also isn't reflected in the IKEA website. A bit inconvenient, but all the more reason to go to IKEA. I don't know about you, but I love going there and looking at everything. And touching things. And sitting on their display couches. And generally testing all the things I like.
   I put four pictures of my pets inside. If you get these, I suggest making your pictures 2"W x 2.5"H. That is the biggest I was able to make my pictures while still fitting completely in the frame. The frame itself does lay sideways, as shown in the picture, unless if you want an upside-down heart, so I had to choose vertical pictures and make pictures vertical by cropping.
   I put my 2 frames in front of my computer monitor so that my dog and kitten stare at me all day when I'm working on my computer and I can see them all the time when I want to :o) I love it. It's the next best thing to bringing your pet to work! (My dogs are too crazy for that).

Hmmm...how else to decorate...

No comments:

Post a Comment