Saturday, September 10, 2011

DIY Black River Stone Bathroom Floor Mat


Behind my dog Tucker is the floor mat I made for our apartment bathroom. I love the dark rocks against the light colored "wood" floor and white cabinet/bathtub/walls. See my how-to after the jump!

Unfortunately, I thought it wouldn't be a big deal if I used the big, non-flat rocks but it's too lumpy and unfomfortable. So, this mat will be moved outside and be a frontdoor mat and maybe I'll make another for the bathroom.

It was pretty cheap to make:


  • Recycled rubber floor mat (for the outdoors "all weather durability") - Home Depot <$10
  • 3 tubes of Goop glue - Home Depot ~$5 each
  • 11 sacks of black river stone rocks - The Dollar Store $1 each (duh!)


The floor mat I bought was a bit big, 1'6" x 2'6", so if you get a smaller one the costs will be decreased of course (less glue & less rocks). Remember, only use flat rocks! (That may require you to buy more rocks)

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.1

1 comment:

  1. In the event that more individuals that compose articles truly fretted about composing awesome substance like you, more perusers would be occupied with their compositions. Much thanks to you for thinking about your substance. floor mat

    ReplyDelete